What is Professional Care Management
Careable Care Management is a Professional Healthcare Practice comprised of Allied Healthcare Professionals.
For the last 22 years Careable Care Management has cared for clients requiring Complex Care Management, usually in their home, spearheaded by our Team of exceptionally experienced Registered Nurses.
We can also supply wonderful Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Dietitians and more services as required, as part of our Professional Team
Typically, a member of our Careable Nursing Team receives a report from each client’s staff by shift and communicate by email to all our specialized Nursing Team. They in turn evaluate, manage and coordinate all aspects of care using a patient centered preventative approach.
The Careable Team works closely with a renowned Geriatrician who provides Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments, also practicing a Preventative approach.
Successful Care Management requires the following:
- Home visits to provide person to person encounters to discuss care and complex health issues with the client and the Power of Attorney for Care
- Physician and medical visits are accompanied by our Nurse Managers who take notes and ask specific questions regarding treatment and care.
- Careful selection of professional and non-professional staff to address our clients complex healthcare needs.
- Training and coaching of staff (PSW and RPN) on how to provide quality care and recognize changes (decline or improvement) in our clients condition. Also how to respond or avoid emergencies.
- Evaluate living arrangements and make necessary recommendations
- Initiate, implement and evaluate short and long term care plans with our clients and families, considering their financial resources.
- Implement Preventative measures of care
- Provide caregiver stress relief
If our clients require a trip to the Emergency Room, Hospitalization or Nursing Home….we continue to manage the care based on our clients wishes.
In this situation we speak directly to staff and physicians, since we are aware of all details of our client’s care.
Call Carol for more information – 416-362-9176Contact Us
For the last two years of mom’s life, Carol Edwards/Careable Inc. organized home and health care for our mother. Both of us had full-time jobs that required a lot of travel, and Mom required 24-hour personal care if she was to continue to live in the comfortable circumstances of her own home. Carol worked with personal service workers, Mom’s doctors and dentist, and ran interference with suppliers and bureaucracies on our behalf.
Her empathy, energy and full-time availability for emergencies were remarkable and of the essence, as far as we were concerned. She knew the alternatives to home care and advised us in practical terms what the options were. When Mother was in the hospital, Carol was her advocate, ensuring that the necessary degree of care was in fact provided. Her fees were reasonable and her advice saved more than the cost. If you face similar circumstances, there is no question that the undersigned, to whom further questions may be addressed, would recommend her services.”