What is Professional Care Management
Careable Care Management is a Professional Healthcare Practice comprised of Allied Healthcare Professionals.
For the last 22 years Careable Care Management has cared for clients requiring Complex Care Management, usually in their home, spearheaded by our Team of exceptionally experienced Registered Nurses.
We can also supply wonderful Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Dietitians and more services as required, as part of our Professional Team
Typically, a member of our Careable Nursing Team receives a report from each client’s staff by shift and communicate by email to all our specialized Nursing Team. They in turn evaluate, manage and coordinate all aspects of care using a patient centered preventative approach.
The Careable Team works closely with a renowned Geriatrician who provides Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments, also practicing a Preventative approach.
Successful Care Management requires the following:
- Home visits to provide person to person encounters to discuss care and complex health issues with the client and the Power of Attorney for Care
- Physician and medical visits are accompanied by our Nurse Managers who take notes and ask specific questions regarding treatment and care.
- Careful selection of professional and non-professional staff to address our clients complex healthcare needs.
- Training and coaching of staff (PSW and RPN) on how to provide quality care and recognize changes (decline or improvement) in our clients condition. Also how to respond or avoid emergencies.
- Evaluate living arrangements and make necessary recommendations
- Initiate, implement and evaluate short and long term care plans with our clients and families, considering their financial resources.
- Implement Preventative measures of care
- Provide caregiver stress relief
If our clients require a trip to the Emergency Room, Hospitalization or Nursing Home….we continue to manage the care based on our clients wishes.
In this situation we speak directly to staff and physicians, since we are aware of all details of our client’s care.
Call Carol for more information – 416-362-9176Contact Us
Navigating the complex workings of Long Term Care placement was a challenge greater than we as a family could manage. Just when we thought we had it figured out and done everything right, the “system” would put yet another road block in our way. We needed someone who understood how the bureaucracy functioned – thankfully we found Careable Inc. and Carol Edwards. Carols insight into the workings of the CCAC organization along with her patient, persistent follow-up got us the face to face meeting we needed. It was amazing how quickly the “system” moved when it realized that across the table sat a very knowledgeable navigator guiding a very determined family. They finally heard and understood that it was us who knew best what mom needed.
In Carol Edwards we found the strong advocate that mom needed and the partner our family needed to champion our struggle.
Thanks Carol, all of us appreciate your efforts.