What is Professional Care Management
Careable Care Management is a Professional Healthcare Practice comprised of Allied Healthcare Professionals.
For the last 22 years Careable Care Management has cared for clients requiring Complex Care Management, usually in their home, spearheaded by our Team of exceptionally experienced Registered Nurses.
We can also supply wonderful Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Dietitians and more services as required, as part of our Professional Team
Typically, a member of our Careable Nursing Team receives a report from each client’s staff by shift and communicate by email to all our specialized Nursing Team. They in turn evaluate, manage and coordinate all aspects of care using a patient centered preventative approach.
The Careable Team works closely with a renowned Geriatrician who provides Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments, also practicing a Preventative approach.
Successful Care Management requires the following:
- Home visits to provide person to person encounters to discuss care and complex health issues with the client and the Power of Attorney for Care
- Physician and medical visits are accompanied by our Nurse Managers who take notes and ask specific questions regarding treatment and care.
- Careful selection of professional and non-professional staff to address our clients complex healthcare needs.
- Training and coaching of staff (PSW and RPN) on how to provide quality care and recognize changes (decline or improvement) in our clients condition. Also how to respond or avoid emergencies.
- Evaluate living arrangements and make necessary recommendations
- Initiate, implement and evaluate short and long term care plans with our clients and families, considering their financial resources.
- Implement Preventative measures of care
- Provide caregiver stress relief
If our clients require a trip to the Emergency Room, Hospitalization or Nursing Home….we continue to manage the care based on our clients wishes.
In this situation we speak directly to staff and physicians, since we are aware of all details of our client’s care.
Call Carol for more information – 416-362-9176Contact Us
Thank you for the work you’ve done for my family as manager of my parents’ care during the past three years. Now that the big move from their home to Peterborough has been accomplished, I can take a few moments to write you and reflect on our work together.
I appreciate the dedication that you brought to the job and the positive way you related to Mom and Dad. When I first interviewed you for the job, I was struck with your commitment to your clients and to their welfare, and I have always felt your strength of purpose in this regard. During the many crises we had to deal with, I was grateful for your presence and experience in dealing with these situations and working with other professionals.
So, again, I thank you, Carol, and send you my best wishes for further success in this important field in which you’re working.