What is Professional Care Management @ Home
Careable Care Management is a Professional Healthcare Practice comprised of Experienced Healthcare Professionals, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapy, Social Worker, Dietician, Footcare, Pet Therapy and grocery shopping.
We practice a Preventative Approach as most of our Clients choose to remain in their homes.
The Careable Team also works closely with a renowned Geriatrician who provides Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments, also practicing a Preventative approach.
For the last 22 years Careable Care Management has cared for clients requiring Complex Care Management, usually in their home, spearheaded by our Team of exceptionally experienced Registered Nurses.
Our services include:
- Infection Control!
- Nursing Assessment and Visits to client homes.
- 24×7 Supervision and Emergency Support from Care Manager (RN)’s
- Selection of Support PSW Staff from agency
- Reports Daily x 2 from PSW/ Staff on case
- Preventative Healthcare
- Email communications with all Care Manager (RN) staff twice daily
- Availability Care Manager (RN) staff 24×7
- Advocacy in healthcare situations such as Hospitals
- Navigating the Healthcare system
- Partnership with Geriatrician
- Managed Care in Long Term Care Institutions
- Informing and reporting to Client’s Power of Attorney for Care
- Alternative Housing Selection, such as Long Term Care or other Facilities
- Financial Management in coordination with POA Finance
We partner with an agency, Staff Relief, who cooperates and supplies selected staff for our clients.
Part of this process is the careful selection of qualified staff whom we personally interview, the goal being that the staff appeal to our individual clients. These staff report to us 24×7.
Typically, a member of our Careable Nursing Team receives a report from each client’s staff by shift and communicate by email to all our Nursing Team. They in turn evaluate, manage, and coordinate all aspects of care using a patient centered preventative approach.
Avoiding healthcare crisis is our goal.
We recommend Private Staff whenever possible in Long Term Care facilities especially post COVID.
Successful Care Management @ Home requires the following:
- Home visits to provide person to person encounters to discuss care and complex health issues with the client and the Power of Attorney for Care
- Physician and medical visits are accompanied by our Nurse Managers who take notes and ask specific questions regarding treatment and care.
- Careful selection of professional and non-professional staff to address our clients complex healthcare needs.
- Training and coaching of staff (PSW and RPN) on how to provide quality care and recognize changes (decline or improvement) in our clients condition. Also how to respond or avoid emergencies.
- Evaluate living arrangements and make necessary recommendations
- Initiate, implement and evaluate short and long term care plans with our clients and families, considering their financial resources.
- Implement Preventative measures of care
- Provide caregiver stress relief
If our clients require a trip to the Emergency Room, Hospitalization or Nursing Home, we continue to manage the care based on our clients wishes.
In this situation we speak directly to staff and physicians, since we are aware of all details of our client’s care.
Call Carol for more information – 416-362-9176Contact Us
For the last two years of mom’s life, Carol Edwards/Careable Inc. organized home and health care for our mother. Both of us had full-time jobs that required a lot of travel, and Mom required 24-hour personal care if she was to continue to live in the comfortable circumstances of her own home. Carol worked with personal service workers, Mom’s doctors and dentist, and ran interference with suppliers and bureaucracies on our behalf.
Her empathy, energy and full-time availability for emergencies were remarkable and of the essence, as far as we were concerned. She knew the alternatives to home care and advised us in practical terms what the options were. When Mother was in the hospital, Carol was her advocate, ensuring that the necessary degree of care was in fact provided. Her fees were reasonable and her advice saved more than the cost. If you face similar circumstances, there is no question that the undersigned, to whom further questions may be addressed, would recommend her services.”