The Careable Blog
Health Care Costs and Advanced Planning
Healthcare costs was not part of my Retirement Plan!
Quality time with Family, travel and socializing with friends was the plan.
Now I require assistance. What are my choices? Will I run out of money?
How many Canadians follow this route?…..the answer is numerous!
Careable Healthcare Professionals have been helping Families, Power of Attorneys and Trust Officers to navigate these complex issues over the last 22 years!
As in any plan where you commence the process is key, and preferably sooner rather than later.
- What is the person’s current Health Status and Prognosis?
- What financial resources are available?
- What is the time horizon?
- Is staying @ Home important and part of the plan?
- Is a well appointed (but expensive) Retirement Home feasible?
- What if the medical condition deteriorates and the Retirement Home can no longer provide the required Level of Care?
- Are care costs Tax Deductible?
- What does Long Term Care Cost and how long is the Wait List?
- What supplemental help can I bring in?
- What are the costs of staying Home and bringing in care?
- What level of Care can be expected from PSW? (non professional personal support worker)
- How much Government supported Homecare is available?
These are just some of the questions we answer every day.
Get unbiased independent advice from Careable Professionals!
We offer a no obligation 30 minute phone or video conference consultation. Call Carol @ 416 362 9176!